It has been an awesome busy week and I have had a great time training clients, athletes and myself! All of the training took place at a number of different locations throughout the lower mainland and following are the locations and a little information about what happened at each spot.
· King Ed Village – In an apartment buildings gym I took my client and her 1 year old daughter through a workout
· Kitsilano Beach Basketball Courts – Trained Rob D in preparation for the Half Ironman Triathlon in Cancun, as well as a quick 30minute butt kicking, and a partner Kettlebell session
· Target Fitness – Trained lots of clients 1 on 1 and partner sessions… and had a wicked pushup/pullup/skipping workout myself
· Granville Island Apartment – Trained a couple in their Racquetball court (Agility Ladder and Medicine ball!) and the games room of their apartment building
· Coopers Park (under Cambie St. Bridge) – Kettlebell and ballast ball workout
· Charleson Park – Another 30minute butt kicking!
· Newton Athletic Park – I was in Surrey running the conditioning component of Wild West Lacrosse College Prep Lacrosse Camp (www.wildwestlacrosse.com) and 25 young men got put to the test before they took part in lacrosse specific drills with Cliff Smith (Projected first rounder in this year’s NLL pro draft), Jordan Hall (Former NLL #1 draft pick, Orlando Titans) and Bart Sullivan (Coach at Bellarmine University in Kentucky). Cliff and Jordan are also training with me after they are finished vying for the Mann Cup!
· Douglas Park – Evolution Bootcamp on the basketball courts, fitness circuit workouts, and a Rob D cricket pitch Ironman prep workout.
· Seawall (Science World to Kits Beach) – Another Rob D Ironman prep workout with stops at Various places along the way.
· Balaclava Park – Awesome circuit workout with 2 Kettlebells, Ballast ball and a band. Did my own personal workout here as well… Kettlebell Swings, Kettlebell Cleans, Kettlebell Presses, Kettlebell clean and presses, and Kettlebell Snatches… while I was at the park I was inspired to write a blog post on Where I find the Energy? Stay tuned!
· Granville Park – Not really a workout but an attempt to teach Marley (dogsitting for a few days) how to fetch a ball, but ended up running in circles with her and a bunch of little kids, still tons of fun!
· Delta High School – Coaching Final Practices for BC U19 Selects in preparation for the National Championships over Labour Day Long Weekend in Winnipeg.
· Seawall (Kits to Spanish Banks) – Quick Bike Ride out to Jericho Sailing Centre and then a run to the end of Spanish Banks and back (in my Vibram Five Fingers, www.vibramfivefingers.com) and then back on my bike home
There are tons of locations for workouts, if you go by a spot that looks like a place you’d like to try a workout and aren’t sure what to do let me know and I will provide you with the solution!
Josh Neumann, BHK, PTS, TSCC-1